A geocacher searching for the cache has encountered problems and believes that the cache owner should intervene.
Damaged cache (but findable)
The cache itself (container) exists, but is damaged somehow:
- container damaged or destroyed
- logbook is wet or otherwise damaged
- the hiding place is damaged and can no longer properly hold the cache
Any information about the state of the cache on-site is helpful to the owner and other geocachers until cache is repaired.
The cache no longer exists because of on-site changes:
- the hiding place no longer exists
- the hiding place was changed by external forces (either nature or human)
- the scenery has changed (i.e. building demolished, something new built instead, etc)
Any information about on-site changes is helpful to the owner and other geocachers until cache is replaced.
Who logs "Needs maintenance" ?
Any geocacher may log a "Needs maintenance": First time finder, a well argumented DNF, revisiting a previously found cache, etc.