Opencaching Node ID
Node IDs are numbers used internally to uniquely identify each Opencaching node (website). The purpose of these is to potentially allow information exchange between Opencaching nodes (like caches, users, logs, etc.). Another use is testing for developers in a virtual environment, without affecting the production website(s).
Node ID assignments
Each new website (node) must choose a unique, unassigned, NODE_ID. Traditionally, NODE_IDs have been assigned by OCDE (Germany) management team.
This information was compiled from the following sources:
- Opencaching-PL project – website application on which several OC nodes are running
- Opencaching-DE / oc-server3 project – website application on which OCDE (Germany) and several other OC nodes are running
- OKAPI project – plugin to allow easy access to public Opencaching data
- information published on each active Opencaching node
- Compiled from http://blog.opencaching.ro/2016/03/11/opencaching-node_ids/